Each and every one of us has been in a state of affairs where people, situations and circumstances have knocked us down and almost out. The problems can range from a job loss, demotion or lack of respect and appreciation from your colleagues and boss. Your frustration and disappointments can create bitterness, stagnation and lack of motivation.
It could stem from a death in the family or the loss of a close friend. Your grief and prolonged mourning can cause you to dwell on death and forget about what life has to offer.
There are conditions that can cause you to become momentarily or chronically ill with a life threatening illness that can make you spiral into depression and develop a sense of helplessness. You lose sight of hope and succumb to defeat.
Your family and so-called friends talk about you, criticize, discourage and belittle your attempts to achieve, make a change in your life and improve your situation. They count you out! Their belittling comments cultivate frustration, anxiety and tension and you lose sight of your goals and dreams.
Life has a tendency to do all that I mentioned and more. However, we all must be willing to utilize and unleash the power that lives within us, to overcome those very difficult and life changing obstacles.
Failure isn’t a reason to give up, don’t quit!
- “Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.” Joe Gibs
- “All my successes have been built on my failures.” Benjamin Disraeli
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Thomas Alva Edison
- “There is no failure except in no longer trying.” Elbert Hubbard
A poor attitude is not a reason to lose your faith, change it!
- “Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. ” Kahlil Gibran
- “Believe you can and you’re half way there.” Theodore Roosevelt
- “The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.” William James
Wake up, rise up, and get up!
- “Never, never, never give up!” Winston Churchill
- “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” Samuel Johnson
- “A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can’t.” Jack Dempsey
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” Vince Lombardi
Believe and keep hope alive!
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Honor the Lord with thy substance, and with the first fruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine. (Proverbs 3:5-10)
If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures. (Job 36:11)
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. (Psalm 37:5)
As a Christian I am a follower of Jesus Christ, and I believe that “greater works” I too shall do. Therefore, if Jesus can overcome people talking and lying about him, so can I. If Jesus can withstand persecution while attempting to feed the hungry and heal the sick, so can I. If Jesus can endure being brutalized, whipped, mocked and crucifixion, and rise from a dead situation, so can YOU!
Every one of us will have to face what seems to be a dead situation in our life, regardless of your faith or your belief, you too can rise from a dead situation.